Lori Robertson in her blog, MLM Success Camp asks,”Why Do People Quit And Give Up So Easily?” After reading Lori’s post I began searching for answers to her question. The following is what I found.
People quit every day.
In huge proportions.
- CEOs quit leading.
- Athletes quit working out.
- Sales people quit selling.
- Couples quit their marriages.
- People quit their diet.
- People quit their exercise.
- Roughly 70% of all real estate agents quit during the first year in business.
- Nearly 80% of people who start a home-based business quits within the first year.
Reasons given why people quit network marketing.
- A very poor or lack of a reason “why” they are doing the business.
- Not earning enough money right away.
- Not treating their business like a business.
- They do not know what to do.
- They received no support.
- Their expectations were not set.
- Many expect too much too soon.
- Bad mentorship.
- Let rejection get to them.
- Absence of an overriding objective or goal.
- Employee mentality.
- The “get rich quick” emotion is rampant.
What is the real reason people quit?
Once you know the REAL reason why people quit, you will be able to protect yourself from quitting on your own dreams. And you can help others from quitting on their dreams. Jeff Zalewski, my coach for several years and creator of the CD “Guaranteed Growth and Profits” says the real reason people quit is they have not developed their skill of self-control.
What is self-control?
Self-control is not a trait, it’s a skill that ones needs to constantly get better at. Practice it every day. It’s a life skill that you learn, like any other, and like any other, the more you practice it, the better you get at it.
Why undeveloped self-control is the reason people quit?
An article in Time “The Key to Health, Wealth and Success: Self-Control” says: Self-control may be the secret to success, according to a persuasive new study that followed 1,000 children from birth to age 32: children who showed early signs of self-mastery were not only less likely to have developed addictions or committed a crime by adulthood, but were also healthier and wealthier than their more impulsive peers. (Read the entire article)
In “The Laws Of Success“ Napoleon Hill says:
- Without self-control enthusiasm resembles the unharnessed lighting of an electrical storm – it may strike anywhere.
- Enthusiasm is the vital quality that arouses your action, while self-control is the balance wheel that directs you action so that it will build up and not tear down.
- No doubt all people who refuse or neglect to exercise self-control are literally turning opportunity after opportunity away without knowing it.
- Lack of self-control is the average salesman most damaging weakness.
Napoleon Hill in this video discusses in detail Self-Control (Self Discipline)
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!